Rules for Third Order Seculars Before Vatican II
- Manual of the Third Secular Order of our Blessed Lady of Mount Carmel and St Teresa of Jesus 📄
Rule of the Third Order Seculars (OCDS – Discalced Carmelites) from March 1921 until the changes after Vatican II in October 1970.
- Way of Perfection for the Laity: A detailed explanation of the Discalced Carmelite Third Order Rule 📄
“Those who are not specially interested in our Carmelite Tertiaryship [or who are unable to do so – Ed.], but desire to obtain a knowledge of Carmelite spirituality, are advised to read from chapter xi to chapter xv of this book … We trust readers will find in those pages in simple language all that is necessary to give them such an appreciation of the spirit of those saints as will make them resolve the take the means to acquire it.”
- The Carmelite Third Order: Our Lady’s Cloister in the World 📄
Rule and Manual of Third Order Carmelites (TOC – Ancient order, affiliated with O.Carm) until changes promulgated after Vatican II. Contains many great essays on understanding and living Carmelite spirituality.
Rules for Tertiaries After Vatican II
Discalced Carmelites – OCDS
- OCDS Constitutions 📄 January 2014
- OCDS Constitutions Footnotes 📄
- OCDS Provincial Statutes 📄 December 10, 2016 – From the OCDS of the California-Arizona Province of St. Joseph
- Welcome to the Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites
Father Deeney not only explores Carmelite spirituality but also addresses the practical aspects of the Secular Order vocation, from discernment about candidates to the function of the community council and the roles and importance of new OCDS legislation and Constitutions.
Ancient Order Carmelites – TOC