This period of time comprises:
- Eastertide – From Vespers of the Easter Vigil to None of Vigil of our Lord’s Ascension inclusive
- Ascension – From Vespers of the Wednesday before our Lord’s Ascension to None of vigil of Pentecost inclusive
- Octave of Pentecost – From the Mass of Vigil of Pentecost to None of following Saturday inclusive.
Rubrics during Paschaltide
- In Paschaltide an Alleluia is added at the end of the antiphons and verses unless they already have one.
- The Regina Cœli becomes the Antiphon of the Blessed Virgin during Paschaltide and is recited after the Nunc dimittis from Holy Saturday until Lauds of the Saturday before Trinity Sunday.
- An additional stanza is sung in the Hymns in all hours but Vespers and Compline.
- An additional stanza is sung during the Octave of the Ascension in the Hymns in all hours but Vespers and Compline.
- An additional stanza is sung during the Octave of Pentecost in the Hymns in all hours but Vespers and Compline.
☩ – Large sign of the cross (Sign of the cross from the forehead to the breast and from the left shoulder to the right)
✠ – Sign of the cross over the lips
☨ – Sign of the cross over the heart
Prayers before the Office
Canticle of the Three Youths – Daniel 3:57-88, 56
Chapter (for the year)
Canticle Of Canticles 6:8
Excélsa super sídera,
Qui te creávit, parvulum
Lactásti sacro úbere.
Tu reddis almo gérmine:
Intrent ut astra flébiles,
Cæli fenéstra facta es.
Et porta lucis fúlgida:
Vitam datam per Vírginem
Gentes redémptæ pláudite.
During Paschaltide, the following stanza is inserted just before the concluding stanza.
In hoc pascháli gáudio,
Ab omni mortis ímpetu,
Tuum defénde pópulum.
During the octave of the Ascension, the following stanza is inserted just before the concluding stanza.
Qui es futúrus præmium:
Sit nostra in te glória,
Per cuncta semper sæcula.
During the octave of Pentecost, the following stanza is inserted just before the concluding stanza.
Tua replesti grátia:
Dimítte nostra crímina,
Et da quiéta témpora.
Qui natus es de Vírgine,
Cum Patre, et Sancto Spíritu
In sempitérna sæcula.
Canticle of Zacharias (Luke 1:68-79)
Quia quem merúisti portáre, allelúia,
Resurréxit sicut dixit. Allelúia.
Ora pro nobis Deum. Allelúia.
Oration (for the year)
The Antiphon of Our Lady
Prayer After the Office
To those who, after the Divine Office, shall on their knees recite with devotion the following prayer, Pope Leo X granted indulgence in respect of those shortcomings and faults which they may have committed through human frailty while saying Office.
Then is said secretly an ‘Our Father’ and a ‘Hail Mary’.