This period of time comprises:
- Eastertide – From Vespers of the Easter Vigil to None of Vigil of our Lord’s Ascension inclusive
- Ascension – From Vespers of the Wednesday before our Lord’s Ascension to None of vigil of Pentecost inclusive
- Octave of Pentecost – From the Mass of Vigil of Pentecost to None of following Saturday inclusive.
Rubrics during Paschaltide
- In Paschaltide an Alleluia is added at the end of the antiphons and verses unless they already have one.
- The Regina Cœli becomes the Antiphon of the Blessed Virgin during Paschaltide and is recited after the Nunc dimittis from Holy Saturday until Lauds of the Saturday before Trinity Sunday.
- An additional stanza is sung in the Hymns in all hours but Vespers and Compline.
- An additional stanza is sung during the Octave of the Ascension in the Hymns in all hours but Vespers and Compline.
- An additional stanza is sung during the Octave of Pentecost in the Hymns in all hours but Vespers and Compline.
✠ – Sign of the cross over the lips
☨ – Sign of the cross over the heart
Prayers before the Office
inter omnes mitis,
nos culpis solútos
mites fac et castos.
Iter para tutum,
Ut vidéntes Jesum,
Summo Christo decus,
Tribus honor unus.
Canticle of Simeon (Luke 2:29-31)
Quia quem merúisti portáre, allelúia,
Resurréxit sicut dixit. Allelúia.
Ora pro nobis Deum. Allelúia.
The Antiphon of Our Lady
Prayer After the Office
Then is said secretly an ‘Our Father’ and a ‘Hail Mary’.